Answered By: Dana Johnson Last Updated: Feb 03, 2023 Views: 22
The APA databases have a feature that enables the user to locate the Methodology of a research article.
An example search could be: APA PsycInfo. The same techniques can be used in PsycArticles (APA).
View the video: Using the Methodology Limiter in APA PsycInfo on EBSCOhost demonstrating how to do this below.
- Advanced search key terms: ( musicians or instrumentalists or vocalists ) AND ( mental health or mental illness or mental disorder or psychiatric illness )
- Limitors: Linked Full Text; Publication Year: 2012-2022; Source Type- Academic Journals; Language- English
- Search results: https://search.ebscohost.com/login.aspx?direct=true&AuthType=ip,shib&db=psyh&bquery=(+musicians+or+instrumentalists+or+vocalists+)+AND+(+mental+health+or+mental+illness+or+mental+disorder+or+psychiatric+illness+)&cli0=FT&clv0=Y&cli1=PY&clv1=201201-202312&type=1&searchMode=Standard&site=ehost-live&scope=site&custid=gwin
- To find the Methodology: scroll down the results page until you see "Methodology" on the left margin of the page. Click on the dropdown and the methodology for each type of article is listed. Also, click on Show More to view additional types of research methodology articles.
Click on Show More to view additional types of research methodology articles.
Click on the article hyperlink. Access the record page and the Methodology is listed there as well.
In other databases you will have to read the article to determine the methodology. Reference the APA Databases Methodology Field Values to make that determination.
Ways the library can help!
Need assistance with research, a course assignment or any other informational need? Kaufman Library stands at the ready, offering a variety of formats to help.
- Schedule an online appointment with a reference or liaison librarian for an in-depth consultation.
- Chat with a librarian for finger-tip access in real-time during regularly-scheduled hours.
- Call the reference desk if you need reference assistance at 678-407-5064.
- Check Frequently Asked Questions to see if your question has been answered before.
- Visit library research guides for information about a variety of topics.
- Submit questions anytime, using the Ask a Librarian form. A research librarian will get back to you within 24 hours, excluding holidays and weekends.
- Find answers to questions about your library account. Contact the circulation desk at 678-407-5317 or email@example.com.
- Get the GALILEO password. Log into MyCourses or your online library account.
- Access other technology assistance from the GGC Technology Helpdesk.